Kathmandu, Nepal – Nepal’s trekking industry is abuzz with anticipation as the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) prepares to host its 45th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on October 1, 2023, Sunday, (Ashwin 14, 2080), at the renowned Alice Reception, situated in the heart of Gairidhara, Kathmandu. Moreover, the much-awaited TAAN 45th AGM is expected to draw a substantial gathering of TAAN members, coming together to shape the future of trekking in Nepal.
With approximately 1,729 General Members, 7 Associate Members, and an additional 155 General Members affiliated with the TAAN Regional Association in Pokhara, the 45th AGM promises to be a vibrant congregation. Furthermore, renewed members have received invitations, thus setting the stage for a robust assembly of trekking enthusiasts, professionals, and industry stakeholders.
The focal point of the Annual General Meeting will be the endorsement of the policy guidelines governing TAAN’s executive body. Importantly, this significant step ensures that the association continues to play a crucial role in shaping the trekking industry’s future in Nepal.
TAAN 45th AGM Agenda Highlights
- Annual Progress Report and Plans Presentation: The General Secretary of TAAN will present the annual progress report for 2072/2080 and unveil the annual program for 2080/2081.
- Financial Matters: The Treasurer of TAAN will discuss the audit report of 2071/2080 and present the estimated budget for 2080/2081.
- Auditor Appointment: Members will vote on the appointment of an auditor for the financial year 2080/2081 and determine their remuneration.
- Election of Representatives: The meeting will include the election of two representatives from the attendees.
- Statute Amendment: Deliberations will take place regarding potential amendments to the association’s statute.
Established in 1979, the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal (TAAN) has served as a vital link between the Nepal government and Nepal Trekking Agencies. In addition, over the years, TAAN has played a pivotal role in streamlining procedures and addressing challenges within the trekking sector.
Fostering collaboration between government agencies and industry stakeholders, TAAN has consistently worked to create a conducive environment for trekking in Nepal. Moreover, with 17 dedicated departments and the unwavering leadership of its office-bearers and executive committee members, TAAN continues to drive growth and professionalism in the trekking industry.
The 45th Annual General Meeting is a testament to TAAN’s enduring commitment to promoting Nepal as a premier trekking destination while safeguarding the interests of trekking agencies and enthusiasts alike.
As October 1, 2023, draws closer, all eyes are on TAAN where it will chart its course for another successful year of adventure and exploration in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal. Stay tuned for updates and developments from this highly anticipated event.